good morning good morning. I haven’t offered a tea report for awhile here — this morning’s tea is wulong with mint and nettle, and some crushed anise and cardamon seed. Thanks to my sister and her sweetheart for the wulong — I’ve been doing a bit more caffeine lately, drinking more black and a lot more green tea. This morning my heart is pounding, but I don’t think that’s the aftermath of alchemical buzz. It’s something different.
What do you do on the mornings you can’t remember your dreams, but you know you had them? Meditation would be ideal, I think, wouldn’t it?
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
The new year is the time for a new dedication to your writing practice — and we’ve got a whole host of offerings, beginning in January and February, one of which might be just right for you or someone you love!
Please pass the word, and let me know if you’d like to join us! I’m looking forward to writing with you —
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged AWA, bayview writers, declaring our erotic, dive deep, erotic reading circle, manuscript workshop, marin writing workshop, survivors workshop, upcoming writing workshops, write whole, writing retreat, writing the flood
Got to bed closer to my right time last night, but still waking up early was hard today — in my bedroom, we got lots of serenading from the snoozed alarm. How’s the morning where you are? Still quiet? Deep blue? Opening?
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Remember: Next month, I get to spend a bunch of good time up in the Davis/Sacramento area — come and join me! Over the second weekend, I’ll be facilitating two day-long workshops, Reclaiming Our Erotic Story and Write Whole: Survivors Write, both hosted by AWA Sacramento/Sutterwriters (visit their site for more info and to register). On November 15, 4pm, I get to talk about erotic writing as liberatory practice at UC Davis as a part of their Conversations with Writers series.
Hello writers & writers-to-be!
We’ve got a few workshops coming up this month and next around Writing Ourselves Whole, and I’d love to write with you!
- September 17: Writing the Flood
- September 28: Erotic Reading Circle
- Beginning October 3: Write Whole: Survivors Write: 8 Monday evenings, 6-8:30. Open to all women who are survivors of sexual trauma
Registration is open — Please sign up early, and avoid that late-registration fee!
- October 15: LitQuake’s LitCrawl! I get to participate in Carol Queen’s Good Vibrations reading again this year, during Phase 2 of the LitCrawl (7:15-8:15)
- November 12: Reclaiming our Erotic Story (Sacramento)— a daylong writing workshop (10am-5pm); open to writers of all genders and all sexual orientations!
- November 13: Write Whole: Survivors Write (Sacramento) — a daylong writing workshop (10am-5pm); open to survivors of all genders