FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 20, 2011
Writing Ourselves Whole 1645 Mar West Street, #5 Tiburon, CA 94920
Jen Cross 415-608-3398 Jennifer@writingourselveswhole.org
Ready to write? Writing Ourselves Whole offers expanded classes and locations in 2012.
In January 2012, Jen Cross and Writing Ourselves Whole will offer several exciting new writing workshops, with expanded opportunities for writers of all experience levels and all genres. All workshops use the Amherst Writers and Artists Method, which provides a safe, non-judgemental environment for writing community.
Offerings will include:
- Write Whole: Survivors Write is open to all women survivors of sexual trauma and will meet in San Francisco 8 Monday evenings, beginning January 16.
- Declaring Our Erotic is open to all writers and will meet in San Francisco every first Saturday of the month, 10-5, beginning February 4.
- Writing the Flood is open to all writers and will meet in San Francisco every third Saturday of the month, 1-4:30, beginning January 21.
- Dive Deep is a manuscript-focused group open to all writers who are working on longer projects and meets in San Francisco, three times a month, beginning January 8.
- Bayview Writers: a Marin-based writing workshop with Tuesday morning women’s group and Wednesday evening group open to all. We will offer special, five-week introductory sessions of these workshops beginning January 31 and February 1.
“When we write our stories, we lay claim to them,” says Jen Cross. “We gain a greater sense of control over our experience because we have to put it into some kind of order to get it down on the page. We make sense of the story – in some ways, we create that sense as we’re writing it.”
A recent workshop participant said: “Jen Cross’s approach offers a safe but challenging space for maximizing creativity. I’ve been able to break through my writing blocks and am moving toward publication, all with her continued support.”
Jen Cross is a widely-published freelance writer, facilitator and performer. She holds an MA in Transformative Language Arts from Goddard College, and is a certified facilitator of the Amherst Writers & Artists method. Jen has lead writing workshops in the Bay Area and beyond since 2002.
Since 2002, Writing Ourselves Whole has sought to change our communities through writing. We hold the belief that to express our own story changes the world.
Please contact Jen Cross for more information at writingourselveswhole.org