Six-Week, Web-Based Online Writing Groups:
Write Whole & Reclaiming Our Erotic Story & Embodied Writing – online!
For those not in the Bay Area and therefore unable to attend in-person workshops, or for those uncomfortable with joining us in person, I offer online versions of my survivors (Write Whole), sexuality/erotic writing (Reclaiming Our Erotic Story), and embodiment (Embodied Writing) writing groups.
Participation in the writing groups is all asynchronous: you access exercises and readings, write and post your writing, and respond to others’ writing as works best for your schedule.
No special software required–just a web browser, Internet connection, and desire to write into your deepest stories.
Click here for an example of the video prompts we use in the online groups.
Here’s how the online workshops flow:
– At the beginning of the six-weeks, I schedule a phone conversation for the whole group so that we can briefly meet each other, discuss how we’ll work together, and talk about our hopes and dreams for the group!
– I post exercises each week (mostly as video prompts). Writers respond with a 15-20 min freewrite (1-2 pp max) for each exercise, and share their writing on the forum for that week’s prompts. Writers read and respond to their groupmate’s writes with using the Amherst Writers and Artists feedback method, describing what they liked and found strong in one another’s work.
– Several weeks, I also post a topic for conversation (sometimes a reading), and invite writers to participate in this conversation according to their ability, time-wise.
– I respond with brief feedback to every piece of writing posted. I schedule a 30-minute phone consultation during each session with every writer, during which we we will talk about that piece of writing or about writing more generally.
– I visit the forum several times a week, and offer each group a chat-space in which writers can connect in real time, as they are able.