Fierce Hunger: A benefit to celebrate Writing Ourselves Whole’s 10th Anniversary!
March 2, 2013, 6-10pm.
At the Center for Sex and Culture
1349 Mission St. (between 9th and 10th)
San Francisco, CA
$20 suggested donation (pay what you can!)
Join us in celebrating ten years of fierce and hungry writing at the intersection of trauma and desire.
Our schedule for Saturday:
6 – 7:15 — Mingle and silent auction
7:15 – 9 — Reading & raffle
9 – end — Dance Dance Dance!
And that includes:
- Dancing with DJs Zanne and Junkyard!
- Silent auction–bid on dance lessons, original artwork and photography, gift certificates to your favorite local body-centric service providers, a femme’s self-love kit, fabulous queer film, book collections and much, much more!
- Readings with emcee Jen Cross, Carol Queen, Blyth Barnow, Jacks McNamara, Renee Garcia, Manish Vaidya, Barbara Henry and John Zic!
- Raffle–items include a chance to win $50 off a workshop of your choice
- Tasty treats and drinks
- Fierce Hunger chapbook, presenting ten years of Writing Ourselves Whole’s participants’ brilliant, gorgeous words.
- And more fabulousness!
Watch the website or our Facebook page or the Fierce Hunger tumblr with updates about our chapbook and raffle/silent auction offerings.
All proceeds benefit the
Writing Ourselves Whole scholarship fund.
Thank you to those who have already donated: Carol Queen and the Center for Sex and Culture, Shar Rednour, IMsL, Pat Schneider, Ami Lovelace, Emma Yisraela Cohen, Val Killmore Castro, Dorian Katz, Jill Posener, Beth Baron, Renee Garcia, Cary Tennis, Marty Williams, Peggy Simmons, Amy Butcher… to all of you, and those who have donated anonymously: so many thanks for your generous support!
If you are not able to attend but still want to make a tax-deductible donation to our scholarship fund, you can do so here (making sure to choose “writing ourselves whole” from the drop-down menu of projects to support). Thank you!
Please pass the word and join us on March 2!